Andrew Chang, Board Chair, Treasurer, Campaign Committee Member
I grew up in Irvine, California, and later attended UC Santa Barbara. While working towards an Environmental Science and Ecology degree, I started working on food systems sustainability and food justice issues, which sparked my interest in sustainability in general. After graduation, I worked as Campaign Director for CSSC and was exposed to the diversity and complexity of urban environmental justice issues. I attended UC Irvine and earned Masters degrees in Urban Planning and Civil Engineering. I currently work on housing policy and development in Long Beach, a city I now call home. I live here with my fiancee and our dog, and enjoy running, hiking, cycling, live music, and eating any delicious thing I can get my grubby hands on.
- Occupation: Analyst/Project Manager/Planner, City of Long Beach Housing Division
- College & Major: UC Santa Barbara, B.S. Environmental Studies, 2011, UC Irvine, MURP, MSCE, 2015
- Past CSSC roles: Campaign Director, UCSB Environmental Affairs Board CSSC representative (2009-11), CSSC Convergence Coordinator (Fall 2010)
- Hometown: Irvine, CA
- Contact: email@example.com
Kyle Fischler, Finance Committee Chair
As Treasurer, I ensure that our organizational budgeting process reflects the goals, priorities, and vision of CSSC through the development and maintenance of our financial management systems. I work closely with the Development Director to maintain and create reports on CSSC’s assets for our organization and fiscal sponsors.
Society’s interaction with our environment has always fascinated me and working with CSSC allows me to affect change within and beyond California’s borders. Effectively communicating environmental policies, science, and ideas to the general public is a challenge I enjoy tackling in hopes to create a more sustainable relationship between human-kind and the Earth.
- Occupation: Guide, Santa Barbara Adventure Company and Head Lifeguard, UCSB Aquatics Program
- College & Major: UC Santa Barbara, B.A., Environmental Studies and Communication, 2013
- Hometown: Camarillo, CA
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zahra Madraswala, Governance Committee Chair
I have a passion for helping people that started while I was volunteering with hospice patients. I work with the elderly and help them through activities of daily living while pursuing a nursing degree. I am a happy-go-lucky girl who loves hugs and anything sweet. I enjoy hiking outside and reading fiction novels in my spare time.
- Occupation: Caregiver
- College & Major: Pepperdine University, B.A. Biology
- Past CSSC roles: Governance committee member
- Hometown: Sacramento, CA
- Contact: email@example.com