We hope you are all excited for the CSSC’s fall convergence held from November 9th-11th at Butte Community College, 3536 Butte Campus Dr., Oroville, CA 95965. We have prepared an incredible weekend complete with inspirational keynote speakers Chief Caleen Sisk-Franco, Anne Symens-Bucher, Adelaja Simon, Victor Menotti, Kirsten Schwind, and a variety of student-led workshops on diverse topics highlighting the interconnectedness of the three pillars of sustainability, some large-scale interactive workshops, local entertainment, and a super delicious menu of local vegetarian meals. The theme of this fall convergence will be to focus on the interconnectedness of the three pillars of sustainability: Economic, Social, and Environmental Justice. Get excited to learn, get inspired, have fun, and meet some new sustainabilibuddies!
Program of Events
Click here to see the fun that is in store for us all!
Talent Show Saturday
- We will be hosting our Talent Show extravaganza Saturday night! You are encouraged to bring whatever props or costume you need to perform. Please bring your special talent that you have been working on in the mirror for the last 5 years. You know the one we’re talking about.
Bring your costume – there will be a prize for best costume. We can provide amplification, microphones, and hook ups to play Mp3 devices. Be sure to bring whatever you need to perform your special talent!
We will provide good local food throughout the event!
We encourage you to eat before arrival, and to bring your own personal snacks for the weekend, as well as utensils for eating. We will not be providing dishes or utensils, yet will have cleaning stations for you to wash your supplies.
Light snacks Friday
Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday
Breakfast on Sunday
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket
- Sleeping Pad/Yoga mat
- Flashlight or Headlamp
- Folding Chair
- Warm Clothing/Change of clothes
- Toiletries (Toothpaste, toothbrush, whatever you need to feel fresh)
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Rain Jacket or Umbrella
- Mess Kit (plate, bowl, coffee mug/cup, cloth napkin, utensils)
- Notebook and writing utensil for note taking, sketching, journaling, etc.
- Personal medication
Housing at the Convergence- What to Expect Upon Arrival!
- The Bridges family has generously donated their property and are allowing the CSSC Convergence to use this land as our camping and dining location! The private property is located at 295 Shippee Rd, Oroville, CA 95965 – 5 miles from Butte Campus. Upon arrival we will have you sign a Waiver of Liability, from there you will be free to set up your camping accommodations and begin meeting all the wonderful folks. There will be light snacks available Friday evening, and we encourage you to eat before arriving, and to also bring some extra food for you and your friends to snack on throughout the weekend. Please see the list of supplies to bring, to ensure the most comfortable camping experience possible. Because the ground of the campsite is hardpan, please bring rocks to hold on your tent down, as you will not be able to use stakes. Also, bring a tarp, as there may be rain.
Parking: We will ask that everyone park between the cones in the designated area. If it is raining, we ask that you park on the road.
Toilets/Washing Area: There will be porta-potties on site. There are no showers or sinks. We will have a water and wash area set up for brushing teeth, washing hands and faces. There is also running water for drinking.
First Aid: We will have a first aid kit on site under the large tent with basic supplies. If you have a medical condition that may require specific care, please let us know ahead of time.
If you or someone else needs emergency help, please contact the following people on site.
- Mimi Riley (530) 520-5251
- Kelly Munson (207) 650-2498
- Kevin Killion (530) 966-0480
- Melody Leppard (530) 520-5367
- Ben Johnson (530) 520-8816
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Thank you, we can’t wait to see your lovely smiling faces!