The California Student Sustainability Coalition, a project of the Earth Island Institute, is hiring a Recruitment Coordinator to recruit new CSSC members and volunteers, as well as potential staff and interns.
Recruitment Coordinator Activities
The following activities draw from current operations and are subject to change depending on the organization’s growth and development.
Develop Recruitment Materials
- Develop a presentation for campus affiliates to use for recruitment.
- Targeted outreach and recruitment through email/social media.
- Coordinate with other CSSC staff members on general outreach needs and goals.
Maintain New Member System and Correspondence
- Send a welcome email to new members on a weekly basis.
- Maintain the member database and newsletter database.
- Inform existing members when it is time to renew their membership.
- Follow up with new member inquiries and identify member needs.
- The Recruitment Coordinator will report directly to the supervisor(s) and provide a weekly progress log.
- Report recruitment metrics to supervisor(s) on a monthly basis.
- All staff are expected to submit an exit report at the end of their tenure with CSSC.
- Experience successfully conducting organizational outreach and recruitment is required. Familiarity in recruiting for student leadership/training programs, climate justice campaigns, and social justice efforts is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of equity and social justice is required. You must be able to communicate with a broad range of people and institutions confidently and effectively, with a critical analysis of power, privilege, race, class and gender.
- Strategic thinking and an “opportunity mindset” is required. You will need to identify possibilities and navigate complex funding and movement landscapes. Diplomatic skills and good judgement are required.
- Experience in self-management and remote-working is strongly preferred.
The Recruitment Coordinator is considered a part-time temporary staff position, and is eligible for academic internship credit or transcript notation, depending on the needs of the applicant. This position’s responsibilities can be fulfilled remotely from any location in California, and the selected candidate will be expected to have reliable access to internet and a phone. This position also requires travel to overnight leadership retreats and events up to four times each year.
Starting pay begins at $15/hr. Health insurance is not offered for this position. Vacation and sick time is negotiable through communication with the supervisor. We are committed to the personal and professional growth of all staff.
Application Process and Timeline
Position is open until filled. Applicant review will begin 11/8/2017.
Please send cover letter and resume to Lauren Jabusch at email@example.com.
The California Student Sustainability Coalition is a project of the Earth Island Institute.
The Earth Island Institute is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, low-income persons, LGBT persons, differently-abled people, and other people from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds and communities are strongly encouraged to apply.