Applications close October 29th, 2017.
Looking for experience working with a sustainability-minded non-profit? The California Student Sustainability Coalition (CSSC) is seeking current California college students interested in practicing or developing skills in blog-writing and journalism to join our Writing Team! All content is to be featured on the CSSC website, newsletters, and other social media platforms.
Creativity is encouraged. This interdisciplinary writing program seeks to empower our audience through education while promoting dialogue on the importance of the student voice in the sustainability movement! This is an inclusive space for student writers to increase and explore their journalistic passions.
- Submitting at least 1000 words per month, either in multiple shorter pieces or one longer piece. (Timeframes are flexible if communicated and approved with the Program Manager ahead of time).
- Participating weekly check-ins with the Writing Team for writing and progress support.
- Current student at a California Community College, University of California , California State University, or a Private/Independent college located in California
- Self-driven and self-motivated work ethic
- A genuine interest in sustainability and writing
- Openness to new perspectives
- Experience with interviewing, researching, and journaling
- Strong grammar and proofreading skills
If you have any questions about the program, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com
The application is now open! Application Deadline is October 29, 2017.