Early Bird Registration for the 2012 CSSC Spring Convergence at San Luis Obispo is officially open! Join us April 27th-29th and help build a resoNATION. Details and registration are here.
In case you have not yet been convinced that you should go to the convergence, here is a list of 25 reasons, compiled by CSSC veterans and newbies alike.
- Because sustainability is important for anyone planning on inhabiting the planet at any point in the future… that’s YOU!
- To make friends with passionate students from across the state of California, and lasting network contacts in many different fields.
- Because this is FOR the students, BY the students!
- To learn how the fight for social, economic, and environmental justice is one.
- To camp out in a beautiful apple orchard all weekend!
- Because Margaret Mead said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- To enjoy amazing student-led workshops: create, learn, and be amazed by the things your peers are doing with and for the Earth.
- FOOOOOD… yumm… With your Convergence registration, you get to enjoy 5 delicious, sustainable, homemade meals!
- To experience the beauty of San Luis Obispo
- To realize how much you can make a profound impact in our world – get empowered!
- Because the system has got to change – climate change waits for no one.
- To be a part of something larger than the individual. It’s crazy how empowering convergences are!
- To break down stereotypes about what is “sustainability” and who is an “environmentalist.”
- Because YOU have a perspective that no one else has, and we want you to share it with us!
- To learn the true meaning of “think locally, act globally.”
- To acquire tangible skills that you can take with you back to your campus.
- Because I am because you are… Ubuntu!
- To take a quick, refreshing break before midterms and finals, and escape the academic “bubble.”
- To be the change you wish to see in the world, and meet others who are doing the same.
- To take a step back and appreciate the world we live in.
- To build a resoNATION!
- To learn things you can’t learn in an institutional setting.
- To become part of the student sustainability movement in the greatest state in the nation!
- To host a workshop on something you are passionate about, and share your knowledge with the world.
- To learn why the CSSC is an amazing student-run organization and how to become involved!
Not convinced yet? Check out our Facebook Event and get a taste of the enthusiasm and excitement that are already generating.
We can’t wait to see you!