Apply to write for our magazine. We will feature your writing in our newsletters and social media. We are seeking current California college students interested in practicing or developing skills in journalism. Positions will be open until filled.
Creativity is encouraged. This interdisciplinary writing program seeks to empower our audience through education while promoting dialogue on the importance of the student voice in the sustainability movement! This is an inclusive space for student writers to increase and explore their journalistic passions.
- Submit at least 1,000 words per month, either in multiple shorter pieces or one longer piece. (Timeframes are flexible if communicated and approved with the Program Manager ahead of time).
- Participate in weekly check-ins.
- Current student at a California Community College, University of California, California State University, or a Private/Independent college located in California
- Self-driven and self-motivated work ethic
- A genuine interest in sustainability and writing
- Openness to new perspectives
- Experience with interviewing, researching, and writing
- Strong grammar and proofreading skills