Join the Activist Network! Intern with Greenpeace
Do you want to join the fight for climate justice with the world’s largest independent environmental organization?
Greenpeace has several incredible volunteer internships available in San Francisco! You’ll get the chance to work on the most pressing issues of our time – saving ancient rainforests, protecting our oceans, stopping toxic threats, and launching a clean energy revolution.
Whether it’s activating volunteers and other students across the country or mobilizing people here in San Francisco, you’ll gain grassroots activism skills, learn about the environmental movement, gain issue expertise, meet awesome people, and make a real difference! Find out how this isn’t your average internship.
The deadline for Fall 2011 Intern Applications is July 31st!
The Network interns primarily help us connect with our Lead Activists over the phone, email and online social networks to assist them with all of their campaign work in hundreds of communities nationwide. They also help our Network team in SF with all other priorities that arise including the following -
- Manage research projects
- Logistics coordination and administrative work
- Materials production (trainings, kits, etc)
- Data entry as needed
- Quickly develop knowledge of global warming and other campaign issues
- Assist in other projects as needed
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to inspire, recruit and train campaign volunteers over the phone
- Strong communication skills including public speaking, written and oral
- Critical thinking and time-management skills
- Able to keep a level head in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Commitment to grassroots organizing as a means of affecting change
- Reliable and responsible
What you gain from a Greenpeace Internship:
- Leadership experience
- Hands on grassroots organizing and campaign experience with the world’s largest environmental organization, Greenpeace!
- References and a letter of recommendation upon completion of the internship
- Experience building citizen power using new media and a cutting edge organizing model
- An opportunity to explore a career in the non-profit sector, politics, community services, activism, and grassroots organizing
Greenpeace strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ folks, people with disabilities, and members of other marginalized communities.
***Be sure to mark ‘San Francisco’ and ‘Activist Network’ on your application!***