What is a Convergence?
Not sure what a convergence is? A CSSC convergence is an event for students from across our golden state who are passionate about and work in the three branches of sustainability; economics, equity, and ecology. It is at time for students to share their projects, ideas, knowledge, and, inspiration with one another. Our biannual convergences provide the space for the future and current leaders of the sustainability movement to meet, unite, and organize!
What to expect from a CSSC Convergence:
- Inspiring keynote speakers from all around California and all walks of life
- Student-led workshops on topics spanning the 3 E’s of Sustainability (Ecology, Economy, Equity)
- Impromptu breakout sessions and caucuses
- Panels highlighting the intersectionality of causes and campaigns
- Plenty of free time to meet, greet, and coordinate
- Delicious sustainable vegetarian/vegan meals
- Nighttime entertainment
- Organized carpools and group housing
- An unforgettable experience
Fall Convergence 2013
The Fall 2013 Convergence happened on November 9th and 10th at Humboldt State University! Read about it here!
When can I attend?
Our next convergence will be taking place in April 2014. Announcements will begin to be posted for workshop proposals, registration, and scholarships in the early spring.