Have you heard? Registration is now open for the Fall 2013 Convergence at Humboldt State University! Our team is hard at work to ensure that November 9th-10th will be the most inspiring, educational, and energizing weekend it can be.
Not sure that the convergence is for you? Check out Past Convergence Experiences or watch this video with footage taken at our Spring 2012 Convergence. Still not convinced? Here are some of our favorite reasons why you should attend this fall’s convergence.
- Because sustainability is important for anyone planning on inhabiting the planet at any point in the future… that’s YOU!
- To make friends with passionate students from across the state of California, and lasting network contacts in many different fields.
- Because this is FOR the students, BY the students!
- To learn how the fight for social, economic, and environmental justice is one.
- To spend time in the beautiful northern corner of our state.
- Because Margaret Mead said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- To enjoy amazing student-led workshops: create, learn, and be amazed by the things your peers are doing with and for the Earth.
- Because this convergence focuses on the ever important and timely topic of food sustainability, and we all eat food, right?
- FOOOOOD… yumm… With your convergence registration, you get to enjoy FOUR delicious, sustainable, and homemade meals!
- To realize how much you can make a profound impact in our world – get empowered!
- Because the system has got to change and we ARE that change.
- To be a part of something larger than the individual. It’s crazy how empowering convergences are!
- To break down stereotypes about what is “sustainability” and who is an “environmentalist.”
- Because you have a perspective that no one else has, and we want you to share it with us!
- To learn the true meaning of “think locally, act globally.”
- To acquire tangible skills that you can take with you back to your campus.
- Because I am because you are… Ubuntu!
- To take a quick, refreshing break before midterms and finals, and escape the academic “bubble.”
- To be the change you wish to see in the world, and meet others who are doing the same.
- To take a step back and appreciate the world we live in.
- To Build Sustainable Communities (this fall’s convergence theme!)
- To learn things you can’t learn in an institutional setting.
- To become part of the student sustainability movement in the greatest state in the nation!
- To host a workshop on something you are passionate about, and share your knowledge with the world.
- To learn why the CSSC is an amazing student-run organization and how to become involved!
Have we convinced you yet? Of course we have! You can register here NOW. Don’t forget to spread the word to all your friends. And if you’re interested in leading a workshop at the convergence, proposals will be accepted until Monday, October 7th – follow this link. Don’t miss out!